Our Vision: To Promote Generations of Godliness
Children are gifts from God as a church we have a responsibility to be stewards of the gift of children. Every week, parents entrust this precious gift of their children to us to teach, care for, and protect. We consider this time not as a burden, but as a privilege and a weighty responsibility. While the primary burden of caring for and teaching children rests with their parents, as a church we also have a fundamental responsibility to point children to the truth.
Our Mission: To Glorify God
The children’s ministry of Grace Presbyterian Church exists to glorify God in the following ways:
- Maintaining an appropriately safe and secure environment for our children.
- Making the whole counsel of Scripture known to children with special emphasis on the Gospel (Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Romans 1:16-17).
- Praying for the children and relying on the Holy Spirit to regenerate their hearts through the faithful teaching of His Word (Romans 10:17; Ephesians 2:4-10).
- Living faithfully before the children and modeling for them how Christians are called to respond to God, interact with each other, and with the world around us (Matthew 5:16; 1 Corinthians 11:1).
- Encouraging children to learn to serve and not just be served (Mark 10:43-45).
- Maintaining appropriate ethical standards such that volunteers and teachers live and serve above reproach, protecting the children of Grace Presbyterian church and the reputation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Sunday Mornings With Children
During our morning service, we provide childcare for birth through K-4. We also have a children’s sermon as part of our service and we offer a children’s church time for our K-5 and first graders during the main sermon. All volunteers working with children have passed a background check and have received childcare training.
We also offer Sunday School for ages K-5 through sixth grade in the fall and spring semesters.
To find out more:
Contact our children’s ministry co-director, Erin Gottschall: Erin@gracepresarp.org
You can also click here to see our full children’s ministry information.